For those of you currently working in the electrical field, you may have already heard about ECS cards and the different types that can be obtained, especially the Glorious Gold Card.
So, what is an ECS Card?
ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) cards each have their own set of specification requirements based on qualifications.
There are three main types of ECS cards, which include:
- ECS Trainee Card (White with red stripe)
- ECS Electrical Labourer Card (White with green stripe)
- ECS Gold Card
Each card is JIB graded based, with each grade depending on the type of card, and is only shown when the card has been rewarded.
ECS cards were introduced to help grade electrical workers based on qualifications and experience.
Who is JIB?
JIB (Joint Industry Board) is an ‘Organisation that sets the standards for employment, grading, and apprenticeship training in the electrotechnical sector’. (JIB.org.uk)
What am I able to prove with an ECS card?
An electrician holding an ECS card is able to prove the following:
- Qualification status
- Electrotechnical occupations
- Health, safety & environmental awareness
- Adherence to industry CPD requirements and codes of professional practice
- Any additional disciplines in which you are skilled to work
How do I apply for an ECS card?
This can be done through an online application via the ECS Card Website (https://www.ecscard.org.uk)
What should be included in the application?
- Details of training/apprenticeship
- Technical/ vocational qualifications and competency assessments that have been gained, with full certificated and auditable documented evidence that supports the ECS application JIB grade being applied for
- Employment experience
- (Full details can be found on the ECS Website)
Learn Trade Skills offer efficient and intensive electrical courses.
- Who do we train?
- People who want the most effective and efficient way of getting a complete package of electrical qualifications.
- Learners who have little to no electrical experience.
- Someone who is looking for a career change.
- Those who have experience but no qualifications.
- Electricians who are missing a set of qualifications and find it in this package.
- Electricians who want electrical inspection qualifications and commercial training.
Visit our course page to find out more: https://learntradeskills.co.uk/electrical/